Wednesday, July 25, 2007

MODS - and it begins

Checkers and Wings

Today, I went to Motorsport Scooters to get a Haynes manual for my ET4 and decided to answer that nagging to Mod I've been lately experiencing. Several chaps were there I hadn't met yet and they invited me in for the nickel tour! I was amazed at the row upon row of vespa parts, new and old (and I didn't even take a peek into the warehouse).

The garage is clean and tidy, with a few bikes parked in a row for service, etc. They bought a GT 60 and have been working on it, getting to know what makes it tick and how to best enhance performance. Apparantly, they do that with all their bikes to get intimate with them.

Parked behind the garage were a row of the new Lambretta Unos, both red and white. They are ready to roll. The Lamby is a Tiawanese bike rebadged with the legendary scooter marquee, and have stirred up some controversy in the vintage scooter scene. By the looks of it, it is another very well made, quality bike similar to Kymco, Sym, etc. The price is ridiculously low, less thana used Vespa ET4 is good condition. 3K out the door will have you driving the new lamby!

In the garage, a Gilera Runner 180 was parked - it looks fast when it isn't even running! If the Lamby looked anything like the Gilera, I would have traded in my ET right then and there...

BUT... I do love the graceful lines on the ET4, and choose to have the Malossi 187kit installed next week. I can't wait to feel the acceleration improvements!

I do love my bike, but the new Lamby might have me making room for another!

2 comments:

Steve Williams said...

Soooo.... how are those mods coming? I assume you are having too much fun to stop and tell us about it...*grin*

Steve Williams
Scooter in the Sticks

Vince Stevens said...

The latest and greatest mod is a 190 kit. Added tons of acceleration and some top end. Been out of town for awhile so haven't been online and need to catch up with the blog.

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Vince