Saturday, July 7, 2007

Before and After


I got a call from Motorsport Scooters last week, the day they had scheduled to install the Malossi 187 cylinder kit. They had just completed another install on another bike and didn't have another kit. So, the windscreen and mirrors were installed and a regular service performed to make sure everything is in working order. I was a bit dissapointed to have to wait, but now the windscreen can be tested for top speed gains without the influence of the extra horsepower.

I picked up the scooter on Thursday, after my daughter and I rode the trolley and a bus to get there. The bus let us off right across the street. As soon as we entered the shop, she made a beeline for one of the Genuine Buddies they have for sale. I've ridden the Buddy, and it is probably quicker than my Et4. It's a light, attractive bike though rather smallish for the two up riding I often do. But I can see it being an ideal entry level bike for my daughter in a few years when I teach her how to ride.

The guys at Motorsport are well known in the Modern Vespa, Kymco, and Genuine communities. The Modern Vespa forum abounds with their expertise, humor, and wisdom.

The Et4 looked great! The Cuppini small flyscreen doesn't take away any of the curviness or the Et4, and the chrome mirrors add a vintage touch. Alex told me that the Et4 is in great running order. It sure seemed that way to me before I took it it in, but it's great to have confirmation from someone who really knows what they're doing.

After a stop at the Anime/Manga shop (my daughter loves Ranma or something like that), we headed home. A short trip, but I'm anxious to test out the windshield performance effects another day.

No comments: