Friday, September 14, 2007

Been a While

Nearly a month and a half have gone by without a post on Scooter in the Surf. The ET4 was in the shop at Motorsport Scooters for a cylinder 187 kit upgrade. Since then, I've been taking it easy, although trying to run the motor at various rpms. As expected, the kit bumped acceleration up considerably. Top speed increases are still uncertain, but I'll give it time. The acceleration is strong from a stop all the way up to about 65 (indicated). Before the kit, acceleration fell off at about 50 or so.

I'm pleased with the results and the scooter is now a blast to ride anywhere. Mods can get expensive, so I'll likely take a break from pouring money into it. If I want faster, I guess I could just buy a used GT200 or GTS, even another motorcycle. But I find a charm in being small... just enough speed to get myself, a passenger, and some groceries around town.

Like many two wheeled riders, I find myself riding alone most the time. As the cool air flows past me, I unwind. Worries about work, home, finances, ex's, kids, etc, evaporate temporarily. Things become clear and simple. I can focus on that one thing... like Curly from "City Slickers" taught.

Now, I feel tired and dehydrated. My 9th and 8th grade classes may have the better of me... they are smarter, younger, more energetic, and have time to kill. I'm just old. But I have the Vespa and a ride sounds pretty good right now.

See ya

2 comments:

Steve Williams said...

Vince: Keep hoping to see some more rides appearing on your blog, especially now with the new and improved ET4! As things get cold here I need some reminders on what it is to be warm...

Steve Williams
Scooter in the Sticks

Alessandro Melillo said...

hello Vince, where's your blog disappeared?
I'd like to read more about your ET4 adventures, and know about the cylinder upgrade!
come back, buddy, we need your blog!

ciao

Ale-

L'Insetto Scoppiettante